Getting grey hair is a part of our ageing process, however if greying starts at an early age which is below 30 years of age is a reason to be concerned.
Causes of hair greying are –
- Hereditary – Greying could pass generation to generation which starts at very early phase of life
- Severe mental or emotional stress can cause or increase greying
- Lack of balanced diet especially iron, copper, zinc or dieting for long time
- Major health issues such as anaemia, hyper or hypothyroid, vit b12 deficiency, thalassemia minor
- Smoking, unhealthy lifestyle
The main approach of treatment depends upon consultation which will indicate to update any lifestyle change, intake of appropriate supplements, quitting bad habits, healthy balanced diet and some hair care regimen to follow at home.